Thursday 2 February 2012

Agnosticism / Atheism: Out of the Closet: From Professional Theologian to Freethinking Atheist

Agnosticism / Atheism
Get the latest headlines from the Agnosticism / Atheism GuideSite. // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Out of the Closet: From Professional Theologian to Freethinking Atheist
Feb 2nd 2012, 15:00

My name is Ron Tavalin, and it is no accident that I am quoting from the Rolling Stones' classic Sympathy for the Devil, although it must be admitted that it is due to my sense of irony rather than any alleged wealth or taste I might possess!

I am an atheist, albeit a reluctant atheist. I say "reluctant" because I really wanted to believe in the existence of the Judeo-Christian god to the point that I earned my BA and MA in conservative evangelical schools and taught at one for 4 years. Even so, I had numerous debates with my pastor during that time about the existence of god, and over time felt increasingly pressured to make a break with my faith and come to terms with who I am and what I believe.

Read Article: Out of the Closet: From Professional Theologian to Freethinking Atheist

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment